– Applications opening soon –
The application procedure has been closed at 23.59pm January 3rd 2017. Every application after this date will not be reviewed. Applications for the 2017-2018 edition will be reviewed from November 2017 onwards
You can apply if you are:
- A student from research-oriented universities (WO) and universities of applied sciences (HBO) in The Netherlands
- A young professional with less than 5 years of working experience
This competition is focused on cross-sector learning so we welcome people from all sorts of different (academic) backgrounds, be it:
Step 1 – Sign up
This way you don’t have to fill in all the application steps at once. Our website will remember you now and the steps you’ve taken. The next time you visit the application page you’ll see that the steps you’ve already taken are still filled in.
* Make sure to check your spambox for your password
Step 2 – Registration
Fill in your personal details. When you submit this form we assume you accept our conditons.
Step 3 – Motivation
Fill in your background information. You will have space to elaborate and answer specific questions in depth. This is your time to shine! Show your passion and motivation for Rotterdam100! Please keep those as short as possible (max.40 words).
Step 4 – Cases
Tell us your case preference.
The Rotterdam100 takes you on a unique journey through the entrepreneurial, business and scientific life. You will get opportunities to:
- Visit leading companies
- Meet the present and future leaders
- Get trained by experts and business leaders
- Build a new app, product or business concept
- Develop yourself on personal and business level
- 11th of February 2018 | 1st Application Deadline (nominees)
- 25th of February 2018 | 2nd Application Deadline (open & nominees)
- 06th of April 2018 | Selection Day
- 24th & 25th of May 2018 | 24 Hour Creation Battle
We select 250 applicants to the Selection Day and they will:
- Receive pitch training by Eldridge Labinjo
- Pitch in front of business leaders of leading companies
- Network with startups, corporates and the municipality
Eventually 100 participants will be chosen as the Rotterdam100
About the day…
During the pitch training participants receive tips and tricks on how to pitch, set goals and inspire people.
After a short break it’s time for you to pitch yourself to get selected for individual interviews with one or more of our case partners. You also have the oportunity to network with 40 other start ups and successful businesses! The individual interview are conducted by representatives from leading companies such as KPN, ABN AMRO, Engie, Port of Rotterdam and CGI.
We end the day with drinks together with startups, leading companies and the municipality.
The Rotterdam100 2017-2018 will then be announced!
Date | 06th of April 2018
Location | Rotterdam Science Tower
24 Hour Creation Battle and Grand Final
The Rotterdam100 will be divided into 25 multidisciplinary teams and each team:
- Receives in-depth workshops on their case
- Creates a solution for their business case in 24 hours
- Meets CEOs and top advisors from the most innovative companies
Such as former Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende and KPN CFO Jan Kees de Jager
Each case has 1 winning team who will receive a ticket to the global edition of Get in the Ring.
About this battle…
In this battle the Rotterdam100 will work in multidisciplinary teams and create solutions such as apps, products and business concepts for our challenging business cases.
During 24 boosting hours our professionals will give the Rotterdam100 workshops in idea generation, value proposition and business modeling! They will meet up with IT, finance, engineering, marketing and sales experts and use all their new skills and knowledge during their casework time. Off course we make sure everyone will be powered up the whole day.
At the end of these 24 hours the teams present their solutions in a spectacular way to the case owners, i.e. our partner companies. The judges will select the final four teams for the Get in the Ring battle!
About the final …
During this event the final four teams pitch to win:
- The title ‘Rotterdam’s Most Excellent’
- A recommendation letter by mayor of Rotterdam
- An all inclusive trip to the Global Get In The Ring Final in Singapore, Boston or … ?!
The final contains a real life Get in the Ring event in which the remaining teams pitch their develop solutions in front of a prominent jury.
An exciting 24 Creation Battle full with inspiring speakers, pitch battles and the Next Economy will end with crowning the winner of the Rotterdam100 2017-2018! A great end to a program full of networking and inspiration!
Date | 24th & 25th of May 2018
Location | Rotterdam Science Tower