What is the Rotterdam100?
The Rotterdam100 is a talent competition in which the most excellent students and young professionals work with leading companies and create innovative solutions for challenging business cases which are focused on the Next Economy.
Participants in the Rotterdam100 will:
- Gain a valuable network
- Gain cross-sector insights
- Develop entrepreneurial skills
- Work with leading companies
- Build a new product or concept
- Receive unique career opportunities
- … Make friends and have a lot of fun!
The winners of the Rotterdam100 receive:
- The title ‘Rotterdam’s Most Excellent’
- A recommendation letter from the mayor of Rotterdam
- An all-inclusive trip to the international final of Get in the Ring in Singapore, Boston or …?!
How does it work?
If you are interested in being part of the Rotterdam100, the first step is to apply:
- Fill in our application form before February 11th or 25th
- Send us your resumé, motivation (and nomination)
Round 1 – Matchmaking Day
We invite 250 applicants and they will:
- Receive an exclusive pitch training
- Pitch in front of leading company professionals
- Individual interviews with leading companies
- Network with startups, corporates and the municipality
The 100 most outstanding participants will be chosen as the Rotterdam100
Round 2 – 24 Hour Creation Battle
In 25 teams the Rotterdam100 will:
- Receive in-depth workshops
- Solve 5 complex business cases on the Next Economy in 24 hours
- Meet CEOs and top advisors from the most innovative companies
The final 4 teams get through to the Get in the Ring battle where the winner of the Rottedam100 is announced!
Can you participate?
You can participate if you are:
- A student from research-oriented universities (WO) or universities of applied sciences (HBO) in The Netherlands
- A young professional with less than 5 years of working experience
This competition is focused on cross-sector learning so we welcome people from all sorts of different (academic) backgrounds, be it alpha, bèta or gamma.
What we ask from you
As a participant we ask you to:
- Attend all program elements with a positive attitude
- Be proactive and engage in networking during all parts of the events
- 11th of February 2018 | 1st Application Deadline for nominees
- 25th of February 2018 | 2nd Application Deadline (open/nominees)
- 06th of April 2018 | Selection Day
- 24th and 25th of May 2018 | 24 Hour Creation Battle & Grand Final